My main area of focus is natural language processing problems. I studied a Masters in 2008 at Cambridge University in Computer Speech, Text and Internet Technology and since then I have gained many years’ experience working in NLP using machine learning and other techniques.
In particular I have built NLP pipelines from scratch, and worked on natural language dialogue systems, document classifiers and text based recommender systems. For these tasks I have used both traditional machine learning techniques as well as the state of the art such as neural networks.
Technologies I have worked with include
- Bag of words, tf*idf, cosine similarity
- NLP pipelines, lemmatisation, parsers, chunkers
- Deep neural networks
- convolutional neural networks (text as well as images)
- RNN, LSTM
- Seq2seq, word2vec, doc2vec
- see a live demo of a CNN for author identification
- Python NLTK
- Search engines and search term recommenders